Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nilgiris Trekking - 2008 - Day 1

Place : Nilgris Hills
People : Mega, Srini, Saravanan and many others
Date : 27th Mar - 2 May 2008

After years of gathering information to find interesting places to visit, for a change I wanted to let someone else do the hardwork and just join the party at the

last minute. Hence when I came to know of YHAI organising a 5 day trek in Nilgris, I thought it would be a good opportunity to try them.

I had restricted myself to mostly 1 day or 1 place affairs due to various reasons and was hesitant about this 5 day trek. Since this was my first time with YHAI,

I was believing till the last minute that my bag would be carried by a vehicle to the trekking shed each day. But they destroyed my hope and I was left carrying

my bag for the whole trek :-). It was tough in the beginning but later it got adjusted.

Plan of the trek :

ROUTE SCHEDULE

Day 1: Reporting at base camp Parsans Valley at 2.30 P.M
Day 2: Parsans valley to Mukurthi Dam (10km)
Day 3: Mukurthi Dam to Pandiar Hills(12km)
Day 4: Pandiar Hills to Pykara falls(16km)
Day 5: Pykara falls to Mudumalai(12km)
Day 6: Disperse after break fast

Map:

This is the map of our trek.


Photobucket


First Day :

Me and Saravanan were the first to report for the trek and we did so exactly at 2.30 P.M as mentioned.

YHAI Welcome :


Photobucket


Parsons Valley Trekking shed :

we stayed at the Parsons Valley Trekking shed for the first day.


Photobucket



Photobucket


Group at Parsons Valley Trekking shed :

A group photo before the start of the trek.


Photobucket


The first day of the trek consisted of a visit to the Parsans Valley Dam.

Parsons Valley Forest cover Details :

The details of the Parsons Valley forest range.


Photobucket



Parsons Valley Dam :

View from the Dam:


Photobucket


I came to know that Parsons Valley dam is the place where the climax of Roja was shot. So I give you photographic evidences for that :-)

Arvindswamy in the climax of the movie Roja:


Photobucket


Photo of the real place :


Photobucket


Madhubala in the climax of the movie Roja:


Photobucket



Photo of the same steps


Photobucket


Hence hereby its clearly understood and proved without doubt that the climax scene of Roja was shot in Parsons Valley dam. :-)
If the YHAI ever conducts a Quiz, they can include this as one of the questions. "Where was the climax scene of Roja shot ?".

P.S :

The Photos from the other days would be posted soon..

No comments: