Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mazhai in Madras

Hello ,

All those who have been saying that Madras is a water starved city has to take back their words , atleast for this season. It is now a water logged city.

Lets have a look at what the monsoons has changed about chennai.

This is a view of my street :





Chennai , that too Madipakkam is place to be in , this season :-)
If you think that going to school or office , or Maligai kadai in a Boat is not Cool , then what is more cool ?

My journey to Office started in a boat , and most probably it might end in a boat this evening , when I go back to my home.

Boat in front of my house



Neighbours moving out of Madipakkam :



After coming out of Madipakkam , I came to St.Thomas Mount to board the Electric train. The places I came by were not so cool , in that they had all tar roads. The flavour of the season is not Tar .

When I reached Mount Railway station , news was in the air that the subway was filled to the brim and some dare devil drivers had parked their vehicles inside the subway for a little waterwash :-) .



Water till the top of the subway :



Auto inside the subway :



Lorry inside the subway :









Kids

It was gala time for Kids . they jumped into the swimming pool which had suddenly come at the back of their house.



Check whether you are able to see the bus inside the waters in the below picture.
If not , see the next photo to verify .





The kid is standing on top of the bus .

Kids playing on top of the bus.



The Adyar River , which for years had stayed still , was moving in full force.



From the Water logged Streets of Chennai ,
Megarajan

If you wonder why this is in Travelogues section , My visit to my office today is a travel worthy of mention.

No comments:

Blog Archive